Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello Friends

Here's an update, and hopefully a re-launch, as I get back to blogging. I noticed that I started three different posts over the last couple of months and never finished and published any of them... maybe I'll get back to those this summer!

Since I last blogged, I have had lots of life going on (...on top of the collective life that has happened, too, like... Boston... West... Oklahoma...  Singular words which speak volumes of at their utterance. Emotional prayers for families I've never met have been too prevalent these days.)

For me personally it's been a season of action. Positive, enriching action. There comes a time when you have to put feet to your callings, and this has apparently been my time. Hard work, yes. But so fulfilling!

I've had the privilege of being speaker for a few events! It's what I set out to do, but somehow it's always a little shocking and very humbling when I'm asked... and also, really a thrill! God is so good and has led me along every step, and I'm just overjoyed to share some of that with others. The planning and preparation times have been intense - filled with lots of personal soul searching, study, contemplation and prayer. Ultimately they each have been a very fulfilling experiences. I hope to share some of my thoughts from those lessons here on the blog over the summer.

I also have begun the HUGE forever journey of long-term, major weight-loss. After years of feeling fine with myself, and ultimately just not caring much about my weight, my age caught up with me and the tipping point began to occur... higher than normal blood sugar levels, higher than normal blood pressure readings. AGH! I don't want to live there if at all possible! And in general, I just began to feel that I was not so healthy anymore. I had started about 10 times over the last couple of years to "be good" and "eat better" but it took me getting a dear friend on board as my advisor to kick my butt when I need it, to give me ideas, strategies, and to inspire me to keep going. I'm feeling awesome and am almost to ONE-der-land again! You'll likely read a blog post when I hit it!

There has also been fun family events like graduations, baby showers, and crawfish boils. If we're facebook friends you likely already know about those. The kids are growing up so fast. This season of my life is definitely spent being taxi mom A LOT. And next year I'll have a kid in High School! It's hard to believe!

I am really so thankful for where I am in life, and how God is stretching me. What a blessing to be tethered to a Power so great and shaped by a Love so intimate! That's truly what my life is about.

So that's what's up with me! More enriching and encouraging posts to come...

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

June 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home