Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Cliff Diving

Ever feel like you're jumping off of a cliff?

I mean, it's like you've seen cliff diving - how people fly and have an exhilarating experience doing it. You've even really wanted to some day experience it. You have found yourself at the edge a few times. And now you have finally done it... you have jumped!

Yep, that's just about how I feel right now. I'm experiencing a terrifying exhilaration, all the while trying to keep a calm and centered spirit, knowing I'm doing something good.

The calling to put myself out there through speaking has been there just waiting for quite some time. I remember as I attended MOPS meetings - even planned many of them, and lead some of them over these 13 years - early on I thought, "When my kiddos get older, I would love to be an encouragement to other moms by speaking to groups like this!"

Well, other than a handful of times over the years I've spoken to groups, that seed has lain dormant... until last year some time. If you've been following my blog at all, or have had conversations with me over the last year, you know that God has been doing some kind of work in me! It has been an amazing journey into the depths of my relationship with Him and Myself and really all that is.

And one thing I have not been able to shake - something from the depths of my soul - is the need to share what I am learning with a broader audience. It's the reason why I asked my moms' group, if I could speak one meeting. It's the reason why I was able to get up the nerve to blog for 30 days about my experiences with meditation. It's the reason why I seem to have an insatiable appetite for reading and absorbing new information and discovering new (to me) truths.

It's the reason why I have now begun the (weird and unsettling) task of promoting myself as a speaker.

I now have a Linked In profile, a professional Face book page, and a promotional piece about myself. Now we shall see if anyone wants to hear what I have to say. :)

I have jumped.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is great! You are naturally personable and make people feel at ease and accepted by you. That's such a beautiful gift, and then adding to it your experiences, I think this is a wonderful endeavor that will be an encouragement to many!

January 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger the bowlin family said...

i always want to listen to your wise words and the lessons of your heart. i know others will as well. so proud of you for jumping!! :)

January 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Snell Wang said...

Yay! This is awesome! I have a potential additional avenue for you that shouldn't take any more work but could open up some new doors. I'll shoot you an email!

January 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home