Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Be Still and Know - Day 12

[If you're just now joining in, you may want to read my introduction first.]

Yesterday was a blur. And then my HP mini (which I'm using instead of my virus-infected PC) froze up on me... apparently it was just not quite prepared for the way I use a computer.  SO, no post last night. Meditation yesterday was good, but nothing spectacular to report. I do feel that once again it put me in a calm place to be able to make it through a crazy day with less judgement and more peace overall.

Today's meditation was a little different. I used a visualization, and it was so awesome! I used visualization some when I started my contemplative journey earlier this year, and it was really impactful and clearly proved to be a way God speaks to me. And that is also what I did on Day 5, which also was incredibly impactful. I think this visualization thing might just be a great fit for me and God. :)

I envisioned myself being relaxed, comfortable and at peace on a beautiful beach, looking out across the endless ocean (white sand, turquoise waters, flock of gulls, dolphins playing...). Then I envisioned Jesus joining me. He seemed to come out of nowhere, walking across the water toward me, then sitting down beside me. His presence was like a friend, but a mentor, a guide. I found a bottle which had a scroll and a pen in it, and I began writing down my desires. As I did this, it was as if Jesus was there to guide my decisions about what to write. He didn't say words aloud, but he leaned in watching what I wrote and seemed to guide me from his heart to mine. I wrote of things having to do with family, my personal path, health, and relationships. Then I rolled up the scroll, placed it back into the bottle, corked it, and tossed it out into the ocean, where I watched as it drifted out into the endless waters. Jesus was no longer there. (But it wasn't as if he left.) I continued to sit and just be. I had released these things to God and felt a relief and an assurance about them, as if I now knew that my desires for the present and the future had already been God's hands - it's just that I needed to acknowledge that.

It seems that when I use visualization, I engage with God more deeply. I think the meditation helps me to go inward and just be with me, then the visualization takes me to the connection with God more easily. The combination of both is powerful to me. However, I think not doing it every day, may make it more so. I may try more of it, and see.

I'll end with this verse I loved from my iPhone Bible app Verse of the Day.
It's Ephesians 3:20 from The Message:

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."
 
Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that verse!!!!

November 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Me too, Laurie! Thanks for reading!

November 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home