Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Be Still and Know - Day 2

If you're just now joining in, you may want to read my introduction first... then Day 1.


I told you I'd be completely real with you guys...

So, I already messed up a little. Here's how it went. I obviously was supposed to meditate in the morning. I planned to do so right after I posted the blog entries. Well, in all the fun I had writing, I let time get away from me and before I knew it I looked up and had 20 minutes to be at the school with Chick-fil-A in hand to have lunch with the kids as I had promised them. SO, meditating had to wait... as well as a shower and make-up.

I did meditate, but it was 1:25 in the afternoon before I got to it.

I actually was surprised that I was able to relax and have a decent time of meditation right smack dab in the middle of the day. I had been frustrated that I was already deviating from my intended plan, and I was hurried to make sure I fit it in between the scheduled events of the day. But once I put on the quieting music, got into a comfortable position, and started focusing on my breath, I was able to let the day around me fade. I went inward, and it was so nice. Sure, the random thoughts still came in, but I acknowledged and then dismissed them.

Today I meditated on my relationship with the Spirit and how that shapes the way I see the world and relate to it. God is limitless. That is such a HUGE concept to grasp or even imagine. Yet, we have direct access to that limitlessness! God's Spirit within us connects us directly to limitless possibilities. It was hard for me to even meditate on, but it was great to try. I acknowledged that there are things that hold me back from experiencing all God has for me. And I recognized that the level of my connectedness with the Spirit is proportionate to the level of abundant life I experience.  I really focused on connecting with the Spirit and allowing Her (sorry, I know for some of you this is weird, but I think of the Holy Spirit as feminine - as much as God is masculine - as God really is neither male nor female, He's God ... topic for another day, but just go with it for now. :)) to guide my thoughts and focus on the vastness of the One who created All. Wow. Huge concepts here. Too big to even scratch the surface of... but it was so nice to just try.

I again ended the time of meditation feeling very relaxed, peaceful, and full. I would say that today's experience was less exhilarating, but maybe more mindful. Less emotional, but more thoughtful.

I had to jump right back in to my day, and honestly the transition was just fine. I would have liked to linger longer and soak in things more, but it was okay. The rest of my day went as usual. I think my mood and reactions to things has maybe been more even the last two days due to the meditation. Too soon to really tell for sure. But it's also nice journaling about it. Helps to work through it all.

Tomorrow I will be getting up early to meditate. Let's see how this goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home