Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Makings of a Good Day

1. Awakening with sweet kisses from the hubs.
2. Children waking up and playing with each other nicely without any prompting from me.
3. A clean house, complete with fresh flowers!
4. Some good times with good mom-friends and their kiddos.
5. Frappaccinos, cream puffs, and playing with pretty jewelry.
6. Children easily taking naps, tuckered out from having so much fun with their friends.
7. A quiet house, still clean!
8. A check on the older two kids at camp via online pics, finding them smiling and having a blast.
9. Children waking up from naps with smiles and playing nicely.
10. Children thrilled when daddy comes home, sharing the fun of the day.
11. Out to eat with the family for a pleasant meal - seafood, my fav!
12. Tickling and rubbing backs at bedtime, and telling the kids I love them and how proud of them I am.
13. Sleeping children at 9:00pm, leaving plenty of snuggle time with my honey.
14. And still a clean house!

What a blessing today was! You just never know! Thanking God for a great early-birthday present. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger the bowlin family said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me!! Glad you enjoyed today, may tomorrow be even better, if that is possible. :)

July 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Brenda Park said...

I love this post, Kim. Beautifully written! I love that you seem to really enjoy the little things and are actually mentally present to enjoy them. I struggle all the time with trying to be "present", not two steps ahead, making To Do lists. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for all the little blessings!

January 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Brenda. I had to go and re-read it, since it's been a while. I think that must have been a miracle day. :) I do need to remember to enjoy the little things EVERY day. Yes, it's a constant CHOICE to be present and really experience the blessings in our lives. Glad you enjoyed it and commented... so I too could be reminded. :)

January 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home