Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quotes and Concepts to Live By

So, I thought I'd start blogging again. To get the ball rolling, it'll be a short one. A couple of great quotes:

"I am blessed to be a blessing!" 
I used this simple truth with the preschoolers when I taught missions at VBS. This is an adaptation of the concept found in Genesis 12:1-3 when God tells Abraham that He will bless him and all peoples on earth will be blessed through him. This is true for all of us. Any blessing we receive is given to us in order to be a blessing to others. Like "paying it forward," it's not a new concept. But it is profound when you begin to really live life with that as a cornerstone. It's something I try to do everyday.
"There is a gap between the God we want and the God who is. The first is a product of our selfishness, the second the cure to our deepest need."
This is from a friend's facebook post. Don't know if it is original to him or not, but I loved it. When we make God fit into a box - a certain description, a certain doctrine, a certain way of thinking - we must be careful that we don't merely end up with the God we want, a god we create. That god is very likely far from Who God really is. The One True God - Who we ALL have access to, but Who will not be put in a box - is the cure to our deepest need, the One who makes us whole and brings peace and purpose beyond explanation.  I have come to learn that I will never have God figured out! For that I am thankful, as it gives me an excitement and drive through this incredible journey I'm on!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Yay!!! SO glad you're back to blogging! I LOVE your writing, your wisdom, and I love you, sister!

June 22, 2011 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger 3boysmom said...

Yay from me too! Love hearing your heart.

June 22, 2011 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Glad to have you back! Always love to read you...

June 24, 2011 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Ladies! Let's see how long this lasts... maybe it'll help me get through the summer at least. :)

June 24, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home