Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Remembering Daddy

It's been a year since we lost my dad.

I really wish he were still here with us.
I wish he could have experienced Africa with mom and me. He would have loved the land, the people, the purpose in it all.
I wish my kids could learn to garden from him. They still talk about the trees they planted with him.
I wish my kids could still go on four-wheeler rides with him. They loved that.
I wish I could call him and tell him all about my day. I loved that.

But he gave me so much before he left, and for that I am grateful.
He gave me a love for the earth.
He gave me passion for missions.
He gave me his love for people.
He gave me humor and happiness.
Thank you.

I love you Daddy, and I miss you so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home