Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Kids and Crawfish! That's Louisiana.

Since Katrina, the backyard that I played in as a kid has changed drastically. We never had grass when I was growning up. Now that there are hardly any trees/ treetops, there is a lot of grassy areas for the kids to run around. This morning we spent time enjoying the outside with Grandma and Grandpa. Mostly with Grandpa because Grandma is always in the kitchen. So the kids helped setup for the bonfire tomorrow night, ate popsiscles, played in the sprinkler and helped me with my special project for the week. Fun isn't fun unless you take pictures:





Since Grandma and Grandpa were gone this afternoon for Grandparent's Day, we relaxed until Aunt Missy, Uncle Josh, Regan, Claire and Marilyn (Josh's Mom) came over to eat crawfish and shrimp. After all it is Lent and its crawfish time! I'm not sure why I am surprised by anything anymore, but I don't ever remember Emily eating crawfish any other time when we were here. Well today was different for whatever reason -- I could not peel them fast enough for her to eat. Also George enough fried shrimp to sink a ship and in true LA fashion washed it all down with a ice cold beer (Non-alcoholic of course).


Like Father, Like Son


Guest Blogger and Kim's Husband - Leon

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Awesome.

March 23, 2009 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Steven Wallace said...

Leon, that was great! you shoul do "guest blogs" more often.

March 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home