Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello again.

Man, I wish I had more time to blog. I love putting my thoughts down, thinking someone else might read about my life, or what's on my mind - even if no one does.

We're finally on vacation, and it was WAY too late in the summer to get away. I'm laughing and shaking my head at what I wrote last blog entry about summer and my plans to keep my sanity, have home-cooked meals, play board games, and keep everyone happy. I sure failed at that miserably!

I hit a brick wall a couple of weeks ago with the collision of two unfortunate events: the family quarantined because of Trey catching swine flu from camp and Leon had to go out of town on business - AND it was the boys' birthday weekend! With the help of my mom, my sister & her hubby risking contamination and coming in town as planned, I kept it together (barely) until Leon returned, but ultimately ended up way too overwhelmed and had a couple of days in a downward spiral of despair. Thank God for a husband who acted swiftly! He made a getaway for the two of us appear out of thin air, complete with childcare swooping in from out of town (his parents) and a spa day to boot! Plus, it was a "most expenses paid" event from another company, so we weren't out much money at all! God is SO GOOD!

With my sanity restored I thoroughly enjoyed the 3-day getaway to Dana Point/Laguna Beach California, and now am enjoying the family vacation down in Covington, La at Leon's parents home. I have read two books (that God is using to inspire me - just don't know how exactly yet - see later blog entries) , planned the calendar for the rest of the summer (to prevent a relapse of despair), and I walked on the beach with my hubby (not really our thing - too much sand - but still it sounds romantic, right?). I am so thankful that God provided a way out of my funk. I think I was at the point where I wasn't sure how to make it happen. Maybe later I'll blog about the thoughts that consumed me during that time, but for now I'll stay up here and enjoy the view.

Stay tuned.
And thanks for reading.
...the few of you are left. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

I'm always here... glad to hear from you & sorry you've had a rough summer. Trey with swine flu! So sorry - how was it? Worse than regular flu, about the same?

And, I didn't know Sarah was a photographer - just caught a glance at her website on your list. That's awesome - I wish her the best.

Again, glad you're back.

August 6, 2009 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm still with you, sis! This is the best way I have to keep up with you (since I don't "do" facebook), so please keep blogging! I'm actually creating a blog myself so stay tuned. ;)

August 6, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still here! I check about once a week since you slowed down in posting. But I kept hoping.... Glad to see you back!

August 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger megna said...

Sorry you had such a rough time of things. If I remember correctly, Trey had swine flu about the time that Sophie had hand, foot and mouth so we were also stuck at home. Enough to drive a mom nuts!

Love the blog!

Megan

August 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home