Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Monday, August 18, 2008

I don't want to grow up!

As I rocked Emily last night, I told her that someday she would be all grown up and wouldn't want me to rock her anymore, and I would be sad. She looked at me like I had three heads, as if to say, why in the world would I not want you to rock me! With the innocence of a child, she said, "I don't want to grow up." I told her with assurance, "You don't have to. You can stay a child as long as you want to!"

I'm 37 and I still think of myself as a kid in so many ways. And then other times, when I think of myself as a know-it-all, I'm sure I need to! My own children keep me young. And here are some pictures of things we did this weekend that did just that. We went to a local fountain to play one night, then a community orchestra concert on the lawn the next night. Running, dancing, climbing, splashing, playing... life is just so good when you're a kid!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Have I mentioned yet that I LOVE reading your blog, and that I LOVE my nieces and nephews?!? Well, I do.

Reading your blog gives me faith that I will still get to have a "normal" life when Ben and I have kiddos one day. And it makes me feel closer to you, my big sis who I've always wanted to be like.

Seeing pics of my nieces and nephews makes me smile, gives me a reason to brag to my co-workers, and let's me in on more of their day-to-day activities (which makes me feel closer to them).

So, for both of those things (and I'm sure many more things), I am very grateful. Love ya!!

August 20, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home