Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In the little things

I think I'm back to myself again... mostly anyway! Thank you God! ... I'm sure there will be some down, overwhelming moments in my days ahead.... but my attitude is so much better, and somehow I'm coping with smiles again. Thanks for those of you who prayed for me! (And thanks to Leon for being such a great husband through the ickyness!)

So, as I intended, I want this to be an uplifting post I thought I'd share with you the ways I have experienced God today...

in the little things...

~ in the short conversation with the security guard at Leon's office, when she was telling me how nice Leon is. Come to find out, Leon just smiles and waves and treats her like a real person. Imagine that! So smile and wave and be friendly with people... it makes a huge difference! It did to her.

~ when I found out how our MOPS group truly ministered to a mom yesterday. God used our flexibility, our openness, our own struggles and friendly faces to touch a mom in need of peace. That's what I love about MOPS! I pray we can be there for her in the days to come, as well!

~ when I listened to another mom share her burdens with me. I've done what I can to help this mom, and don't know what else to do really... but I listened with understanding, and I pray she felt a little better for having called me.

~ when I chatted with my hair dresser while she cut and colored my hair. We talked about all kinds of things as usual - from the hurricanes to our children to how we both don't particularly like shopping - and then she said, "You have the biggest heart of anyone I know." Since that seemingly came out of the blue, I said, "What do you mean?" She said, "You always are helping people and thinking of others." ... Wow! That made my day! I've known her for several years, but only seeing her for a couple of hours every 2 or 3 months, it's not like we truly know each other. But she always asks about my mission trips, my Bible Study group, my family and what's new. We sometimes chat about spiritual things. We seem to have gone beyond the "hairdresser/client" relationship, and would probably be friends if we were in the same circles of activities. I guess that comment just made me think. "Man, I think she really gets me!" I hope I lifted her day, like she did mine.

~ in a phone conversation with a good friend. It's just nice to have someone you can talk to who holds you accountable for things, prays for you, shares her joys and junk with you and let's you share yours with her, checks on your latest drama, and really cares about you.

My day isn't even over and I've experienced God in so many wonderful ways. I feel like He's especially loved on me today. My prayers is that YOU can think of ways you have experienced him in the little things, too. Then smile knowing how much he loves you, too!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me happy. :)

September 11, 2008 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Gabe said...

Kim! I love that you have a blog. you're going on my blogroll right now

September 12, 2008 at 4:38 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I understand yucky days too... Good thing God is in the business of grace---because I need it more often than I should! Glad to know the sun is shining again.

Hey is that the Gabe from our college class?

September 12, 2008 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey Mandy!
Yep, that's Gabe!
Yes, grace is amazing!
Hope all is well with you guys!

September 12, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home