Smiles... Prayers... Grace!

My deepest thoughts on spirituality and life lessons.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So I started a blog!

I know, I know... but everyone's doing it! What could I possibly have to say?! Well, who knows all the things that may end up here! But I'm doing it.

I love typing my thoughts into e-mails or Word.docs, but I really don't like journaling the old fashioned way (my hand just can't keep up with my brain, and then I want to edit stuff, and it's just so tiring), so I finally decided I'd try a blog... even if it ends up being just me who reads it sometimes. :)

So here's what you'll likely be reading about if you choose to visit:

  • Thoughts on the latest books I'm reading.

Yes, plural "bookS"... seems I like to have two or three going at once... and sometimes it takes me months to finish, while other times just days... either way, books can change us, shape us, teach us, stretch us... I love reading, and you'll hear about it. If you care to leave comments, maybe those can teach me and stretch me too... I'm game!

  • Stories about my kids.

I have four of them - ages 9, 6, 3 and 1 at this writing. And being their mom is the most important thing in the world to me.... so, yes, you'll read lots of funny things, lots of crazy things, lots of mistakes made, and hopefully lots of encouraging, heart-warming stuff to make you smile inside, too.

  • Random musings.

Occasionally I have (what I consider to be) important thoughts, epiphanies, moments of clarity about seemingly odd, random, or obvious things. So, those thoughts will likely end up here, too. Maybe they will amuse you... maybe not. Feel free to let me know. :)

  • Life Lessons.

Now, as different as the labels suggest, this category and the previous might be interchangeable. I suppose only time (and more blog postings) will tell. But I hope to share with you some of the life lessons I'm learning along my journey. And as I'm discovering more and more each day, the life lessons I think I have figured out one day, quite possibly may end up being turned on their backside the very next day... so, I guess this blog will serve as my reminder that I will always have a lot to learn, no matter how much I think I know.

So, friends, family, world, please enjoy reading my blog and checking in on my days filled with smiles, prayers and lots of grace!

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Into the mind of Kim...this is going to be fun! I, of course, love most of what you say (99%) so I am looking forward to reading everything on your little mind! And, I am already smiling. I can't wait!

July 30, 2008 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm very excited that you've started a blog, Kim! You are a VERY talented writer, so I know I'm going to enjoy reading your entries. Love you!

Oh--and it's pretty cool that you have a celebrity following (hehe)! I've been listening to Addison Road interviews on KSBJ this week...because they're in concert on Friday in Houston.

July 31, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home